Duckling with small webbing

Pirie

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2024
Hi i have two Indian runner ducklings 4 weeks old the bigger one has like no to very small webbing between her toes when walking her right leg thumps the ground will she be ok or can i help her born like it
IMG_3907.jpeg
IMG_3908.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg

Her feet don't look too bad, a few of my Runners have slim feet and not a lot of webbing like my other breeds. But it does sound like she has a niacin deficiency with how you explained her leg when walking. I have Runners and even though feed may say it has adequate niacin after being processed most likely not much left. Heat destroys a lot of the vitamins and minerals. Most of us who have ducklings no matter the breed give extra in the form of Nutritional yeast 1 Tablespoon per cup of feed we serve until at least 10 weeks old, If one already has signs of a niacin deficiency then we give the liquid B complex 1 ml daily over a special small amount of treat so we know they are getting a full dose, putting it in water dilutes it down too much. Plus they waste a lot of their water too. TSC usually carries the liquid b complex. Other feed stores may too. Here are 2 brands I have used. Once they start on the liquid B Complex they can recover in less than a week. But we keep up with the liquid a week longer after signs show recovery and keep the nutritional yeast for up to 10 weeks or all their lives. I still give Nutritional yeast over my birds feed and they are 12 years down to 4 months. It is just so good for them. TSC usually carries Durvet. {make sure it is nutritional yeast and not baking yeast] :welcome IMG_1292.jpeg IMG_2678 2.jpeg

Her feet don't look too bad, a few of my Runners have slim feet and not a lot of webbing like my other breeds. But it does sound like she has a niacin deficiency with how you explained her leg when walking. I have Runners and even though feed may say it has adequate niacin after being processed most likely not much left. Heat destroys a lot of the vitamins and minerals. Most of us who have ducklings no matter the breed give extra in the form of Nutritional yeast 1 Tablespoon per cup of feed we serve until at least 10 weeks old, If one already has signs of a niacin deficiency then we give the liquid B complex 1 ml daily over a special small amount of treat so we know they are getting a full dose, putting it in water dilutes it down too much. Plus they waste a lot of their water too. TSC usually carries the liquid b complex. Other feed stores may too. Here are 2 brands I have used. Once they start on the liquid B Complex they can recover in less than a week. But we keep up with the liquid a week longer after signs show recovery and keep the nutritional yeast for up to 10 weeks or all their lives. I still give Nutritional yeast over my birds feed and they are 12 years down to 4 months. It is just so good for them. TSC usually carries Durvet. {make sure it is nutritional yeast and not baking yeast] :welcome View attachment 3725728View attachment 3725729
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom