DUCKLING WITH WRY NECK HELP!

Pics

BitsyDUCK

Chirping
Dec 10, 2021
I ave a 11 day old duck and her wry neck is getting worst not better.... I have been giving her poly-vi-sol drops in scrambled eggs but she seems to be getting worst ... what else can I do.... please help!!

Maybe I am not dosaging her right? SHE LOVES the eggs I have hers in separate container for her to eat while the others go crazy lol... yes more pronounced now...

Attachments

• 16404686708856718559151022935830.jpg
    16404686708856718559151022935830.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 20
For whatever reason I'm just seeing the alert for the tag now, but I agree with the above I would skip the poly-vi-sol and go straight to Durvet's b complex along with the vitamin e capsules and continue the scrambled eggs for selenium. If you compare poly-vi-sol with pretty much any poultry supplement the vitamin content of poly-vi-sol is pretty miniscule. When you are dealing with a deficiency you need to bring out the big guns and poly-vi-sol doesn't even provide the bare minimum recommendation of vitamin levels for treating deficiencies in ducks. That's also most likely why your duckling was getting worse when you were treating only with the poly-vi-sol and eggs. I would also recommend to always keep on hand a comprehensive supplement made specifically for poultry along with poultry specific electrolytes. Dosages made for the species that you are dealing with makes a world of a difference. Also with deficiencies if you are not administering the dosage orally via syringe or injecting you have to absolutely make sure they are getting the full dose. If you pour it on her food she needs to be eating every last drop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom