Ducklings are hatching

Ok, remain calm! I don't think the yellow is bad but can you see the bill on either of them through the broken shell? If not, start picking gently at the shell that is already broken. If get any bleeding stop immediately! If you can see the yolk STOP because it's not ready yet but we've got to make sure it can get air!

I will stay right at my computer to help you. Send me pictures if you can and try to relax. I'm here to help you step by step.

If you want I can text with you through this or even better if you have an iPhone we can facetime so I'll be able to see live what you're doing and what's happening.

I helped her out. She is sleeping with the end part of shell with umbilical cord. How long does it take for babies to start moving around? The one that hatched at,2 am is still sleepy. She did perk up for a bit when her friend arrived. That was sweet to watch

Ok, remain calm! I don't think the yellow is bad but can you see the bill on either of them through the broken shell? If not, start picking gently at the shell that is already broken. If get any bleeding stop immediately! If you can see the yolk STOP because it's not ready yet but we've got to make sure it can get air!

I will stay right at my computer to help you. Send me pictures if you can and try to relax. I'm here to help you step by step.

If you want I can text with you through this or even better if you have an iPhone we can facetime so I'll be able to see live what you're doing and what's happening.
Awwwww, that is so nice of you. I was so floored when I realized she was working on getting out on the bottom, I started picking away at the shell. There was never any bleeding. I always thought she would hatch first, first to pip and first to zip. Her umbilical cord was wet so she has some of the shell still attached. Are they okay to still be sleeping

Awwwww, that is so nice of you. I was so floored when I realized she was working on getting out on the bottom, I started picking away at the shell. There was never any bleeding. I always thought she would hatch first, first to pip and first to zip. Her umbilical cord was wet so she has some of the shell still attached. Are they okay to still be sleeping
yes, I'd say so. Maybe that first little one was just scared and lonely. Maybe she will perk up now that her sister is with her. Is the brooder nice and warm? When you see that the umbilical cord is dry and shriveling up and if it is still attached to the shell and she's having to drag the shell around it's ok to cut it

yes, I'd say so. Maybe that first little one was just scared and lonely. Maybe she will perk up now that her sister is with her. Is the brooder nice and warm? When you see that the umbilical cord is dry and shriveling up and if it is still attached to the shell and she's having to drag the shell around it's ok to cut it
I haven't checked the temperature, feels warm/hot. I even moved the tote over so baby could get away if needed to

Back
Top Bottom