Ducklings are here! I have questions :)

I have never cut mine but mine are on the ground from hatch just about [mama's raised] as for brewers yeast it's rec to keep them on it till 10 weeks of age since they are slowing down in growth after that point.

@casportpony would you rec cutting with oatmeal around 3-4 weeks?

Aren't they precious be sure to keep the pics coming

My 2 Buff females are pretty bossy too :love

Lena (Buff) is also very curious and friendly. She's the smallest so I guess she has "little duck syndrome" and thinks she's the biggest and baddest duck ;)

Cayuga-Anastasia-seems to be the friendliest. I wish I had ordered 2 Cayugas instead of just 1. I'm thinking Cayugas are going to be one of my top favorite breeds.

The Welshies-Emrys & Morgana-fairly shy but getting better each time I visit.

This is Saphira-Blue Swedish and behind her is Emrys-Welsh Harlequin drake. Saphira hasn't really shown much of her personality yet-semi friendly but not really too interested.

Saphira1.jpg

They are beautiful, :lovegorgeous coloring on Saphira. I look forward to watching them grow up.

Watch those bands as fast as they grow.
Thank you.
I will take the bands off today. Mainly left them on because I wanted to make sure I could tell the Welsh drake from the duck (banded on opposite legs). I've got that figured out now-he's got lighter coloring on his body.
At what age is it ok for them to go outside for short periods of time? Our temps during the day fluctuate between 78-87 and I have a portable pen I can put them in, supervised of course.

Back
Top Bottom