Ducklings day out... pic's and video

Quote:
It looks like pressed wood of some kind.... I have used a few pieces already to make a nest box!
lol.png

Quote:
Their first pool was a casserole dish
th.gif

Just watch out for PC, he's possessed by weird evil silkies and he has a hairy back!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
They are already messy - like a bunch of naughty kids, I clean up around the water dish, and two minutes later is full of water again!
barnie.gif

I have two "utility" mats, which I switch out each day - hose one off and let it dry in the sun....
Under their water I have a rubbery placemat - I have three of those and switch em out as needed, and wipe up mess every five minutes throughout the day.

I have a little cardboard box, filled with shavings and thats where they sleep - right under a heat lamp.

(you can see the "old" bed box in the video clip I think... I switched to a new one today after their day out)

Quote:
thats part of the fun.
smile.png

gig.gif
Ducks and Kids - I think I'll move out!

no no the kids are supposed to do that later, at least their supposed to. your stuck with the ducks
lau.gif

wink.png

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
Wildsky I have 4 little ones just had to let out of the house.I think that yours are so pretty.There is something about little Ducks that melts my heart.:gigMine are Caygua,and got 2 males and 3 females.And it is amazing what they know what to do with water.I have got mine trained just that fast.They follow me around in the yard.And when it gets so hot,I find us some shade.Take some water and fix them a little pan for them to get in.They know the routine.1 male Caygua is grown,about 15 weeks old.They have not met them yet but the big male knows that is his kind,it is so strange how one mate knows the other.I say to them babys ok lets go,and they follow me around.Enjoy them I do mine,,,Sandra

Quote:
gig.gif
THey are cute!
No matter how messy, they make up for it in cute.

I was nervous about mine being out with the chickens out as well - a couple of the chickens had a look, but nobody did anything silly. the younger chickens were more interested than the rest of the crowd!

Back
Top Bottom