Ducklings dumped at local lake..😞

Just thought I would give a quick update on the ducklings, now known as Prince and Lady.. they have joined my existing flock wonderfully. Everyone is healthy, has gained weight, and have become quite friendly. I think just about everyone was correct in saying that Lady was a female Rouen. She is quite the talker! And Prince the Pekin is a drake. Everyone is currently molting and my boy Albert is coloring out handsomely as the fancy Rouen drake that he is. It is amazing to see just how quickly their colors change during this first molt. It is drastic from day to day.
Happy that I was in the right place at the right time and was able to give Lady and Prince a happy home. They are certainly loved, and definitely spoiled! 😊🦆🥰

Attachments

• F9581966-0FF3-4CA5-896D-13E2097687CB.jpeg
    F9581966-0FF3-4CA5-896D-13E2097687CB.jpeg
    831.7 KB · Views: 6
Lol!! My husband thinks I am crazy. In fact, I am pretty sure I am referred to as “The Crazy Chicken/Duck Lady” in the neighborhood.
I love all animals and have since I was very young but birds have always had a special place in my heart. They are beautiful and full of personality, even the wild ones. They absolutely fascinate me. So I guess “The Crazy Bird Lady” might be more fitting.. or as I like to call myself, a Bird Nerd. 😂

Back
Top Bottom