Ducklings Feet Going Inward - Niacin?

The B complexes in the article are the safe ones. Once you begin seeing the leg issues the B complex is the best way to help and yes orally 1 ml per ducklings over a tasty treat or small amount of feed just to make sure they are getting full dose.

Let us know how this little one is doing. It's amazing how quick the b complex helps.
Hi Miss Lydia,
Just a little bit ago we were giving our duckling the vitamin b complex and my boyfriend put it in to fast and it went into my ducklings nose and he sneezed a few times. I know this can be dangerous.. how do I know if there is a problem or it went into his lungs?

I am currently dosing my 1.5 week old ducklings with B-Complex by using a 1 ml syringe and putting a little bit on the front part of their tongue, once I have their mouth open, so that they can swallow it themselves. I hold their mouths closed after and tip their heads back a little to encourage them to swallow. They dribble some but most gets in and they are getting better at it after a few times..I also tried the other way and had a similar experience to you, with it coming out the nose and causing sneezing/coughing..this new way has worked well for us and they are improving quickly.

Never ever shoot liquid down into the bill It's just way to easy to get it into their lungs.
With young ducklings I much prefer giving it to them over a special treat like mealworms or peas smashed up, I also put it into the drinking water.
@Angelove you are doing great. Giving it to them slowly and letting them swallow before trying again is perfect, It's tedious but so worth it not to get it into the lungs.

@Brittanyyy I hope your little one is okay?

Back
Top Bottom