Duckling's Heart Sounds Crunchy?

I'm not sure there is anything you can do but wait it out Sure sounds lively and great to hear it's eating and drinking and pooping normal and running around all pluses. Please keep us informed too. AND
:welcome

I'm not sure there is anything you can do but wait it out Sure sounds lively and great to hear it's eating and drinking and pooping normal and running around all pluses. Please keep us informed too. AND
:welcome
Thank you! I have an update as well:
About two-ish hours ago while the duckling was eating, it started gasping for air and it sounded really crunchy. I had had this happen before with two other ducklings that we hatched out, but they died shortly after hatching. It was rapidly declining for about an hour and a half, but suddenly perked right back up again and started breathing normally, as though nothing had happened. I'm so glad that it fought through it(I was so relieved afterwards I broke down in tears), and hopefully this isn't a reoccurring thing.

Wow thank goodness. Does the little one have food and deep water to clean out it's nares 24/7 ? sometimes when they go without food to long they will eat too fast and can get clogged up and have trouble breathing.

That certainly sounds like "lung crackle," similar to when humans contract pneumonia or COVID. I wonder if maybe it's a lung condition from birth? Is there a vet you can contact? Good news that sweet baby is behaving normally though, certainly animal behavior is a good indicator of their health. Please keep us updated... I'm so sorry you had an emotional time time yesterday. I would have been the same way!

That certainly sounds like "lung crackle," similar to when humans contract pneumonia or COVID. I wonder if maybe it's a lung condition from birth? Is there a vet you can contact? Good news that sweet baby is behaving normally though, certainly animal behavior is a good indicator of their health. Please keep us updated... I'm so sorry you had an emotional time time yesterday. I would have been the same way!
That sounds like it could be what it is, do you know if it goes away/if there’s an over the counter medication for it? It would be a condition from birth, the sound has been there since it hatched. Unfortunately, there isn’t a vet anywhere near me that handles farm bird like ducks and chickens, they only handle parrots and other birds like that. It did sneeze up some mucus earlier(I don’t know if that’s a good/bad sign?), but other than that it’s still doing good :)

Only thing I'd give the duckling is some type of niacin Nutritional yeast is really a good natural way to get the niacin into him that he needs daily for leg strength. it's very important 1 Tablespoon over a cup of feed. Till at least 10-12 weeks old.
You can also add poultry nutri drench to the water or poultry cell both add extra nutrients they can use.

I have brewers yeast, I added a little yesterday to his food. I’ll make sure to get an accurate measurement this time, thank you!! Where can I find nutri drench?

Back
Top Bottom