Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What? How did I get here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shorty3735r

In the Brooder
May 12, 2015
South East Tn
I have raised ducklings and chicks before. I have started a rescue for them and currently have quite a few. As I get more it's harder to keep them apart. What is the best way to introduce smaller or even new ducklings to my flock? I have put the gander up because he is being very aggressive towards the new ones. :idunno

I have raised ducklings and chicks before. I have started a rescue for them and currently have quite a few. As I get more it's harder to keep them apart. What is the best way to introduce smaller or even new ducklings to my flock? I have put the gander up because he is being very aggressive towards the new ones. :idunno
definitely start with supervised visits haha sounds so jail like, I know it's not exactly the same but when introducing my duckie to my 2 big dogs who chase birds and other animals the first week I held the duckling in my lap and called them over to smell her while I petted them to show them not to hurt her she was a part of the family and I still love them and will not stop paying attention to them, one of my dogs gets jealous easily, the next week I would have her on the floor walking around them while I petted them and her the third week I would sit back a little further from her and let the dogs be around her without me touching them at all one , the jealous one , seems to like her he has tried to chase a play with her but he is a big dog and even though he's gentle I had to tell him no and to be nice then I petted them both and he hasn't chased her since my other dog wants nothing to.do with her he walks away sometimes runs but that was the way he was when my other dog, his son, was a puppy he just needs more time hope this helps a little

Back
Top Bottom