Ducklings on the way from Metzer Farms!

Welsh harlequin (Harriet) and Cayuga (Ocho) have arrived safely and seem in good shape.

Now our 1 week old ducks look huge all the sudden.

Attachments

• PXL_20220603_124548393.jpg
    PXL_20220603_124548393.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 12
As someone from the UK, I find it fascinating that you ship ducks and others by post. In light of the distances involved, I can understand. It is illegal here to ship livestock by post.

The good news here is that we can go down to our local duck farm and collect. It also gives us the chance to say hello to the Ostrich and other miscellaneous birds.

I'm so glad they are doing so well.

As someone from the UK, I find it fascinating that you ship ducks and others by post. In light of the distances involved, I can understand. It is illegal here to ship livestock by post.

The good news here is that we can go down to our local duck farm and collect. It also gives us the chance to say hello to the Ostrich and other miscellaneous birds.

I'm so glad they are doing so well.
Generally the post office does well with shipped poultry. I almost feel better about having them shipped than sending a check(cheque) to pay a bill through the mail. Lately it takes 8 days for a bill to get here from 300 kilometers and another 8 to get back. The ducklings came from 900 kilometers and got here in 2 days.There is a poultry distributor about 60 kilometers from me but I did not go there due to what other members have said about the breeds not being true. So far I am pleased with the ducklings from Metzers. Only problem is one with angel wing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom