Ducklings on the way from Metzer Farms!

ninety6

Chirping
Jun 9, 2021
Figured I'd create a thread to document our Metzer Farms order experience. We have 8 ducks (6 for us and 2 for a neighbor/friend) that will shipping this week, hopefully today! We are in Ohio, so sounds like they should be coming from the new Memphis location.

4/25: Ordered 6 Ducklings for week of 5/23 ship date
5/12: Added 2 more for a friend
5/19: Email confirming all is on track with our order
5/23: Anxiously awaiting my shipping notice!
5/24: Anxiously awaiting my shipping notice!

We have on the way a variety of hopefully chill female duckies to be friends with our Mallard. We've had a crazy duck adventure in the last year and hopefully we'll have some stability with these additions!
Black Swedish
Blue Swedish
Blue Runner
Mallard
Welsh Harlequin
Saxony

(2 more Black Swedish for friend)

I'll have lots of pics and videos and planning some live stream videos also! Should be a blast!

Last edited:
Live Stream:

Duckies have arrived! 7 of the 8 are happy and health and feasting! Our little Welshie didn't make it. Probably have them send us a replacement as soon as possible, we were looking forward to that one!

The other 7 were perky and happy and energetic. They are enjoying their food and sugar water now. 2 of the Black Swedish go to their home down the street tonight. The rest stay here :).

The Blue Swedish seems a little more tired than the others, but still eating and drinking, so I'm expecting her to perk up quickly.

The Post office finally called at 11am to have me come pick them up! (they got the ducks at 4:35am per tracking, and they open at 8:30.). They didn't really have an answer as to why I wasn't able to reach them when calling. I was using the right number. I guess next time I should just go when they open.

Shipping box was a good size, there were 2 heat packs, still warm. 2 cups of the gel food, both empty. Gave the ducks some sugar-water as soon as we opened them, everyone drank up right away. Got home and in the brooder in about 30 minutes and they've been doing laps between the food and sugar-water ever since!

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_162226460 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220527_162226460 (1).jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 20
Metzer was VERY quick to response to my inquiry about a replacement, and gave me the option of refund, or new welshie + random duck. We really wanted the welsh, so I decided to get purchase a Cayuga that I also really wanted to ship with the Welshie instead of the random duck. They can't ship a single duck of course. 👍

The anxiety is killing, isn't it? We received some Buff goslings from them earlier this year, and I was on pins and needles the entire time they were in transit - especially when I found out they were coming from California instead of the much closer Tennessee! But they arrived well and are still going strong, and I'm sure yours will, too. I'll be looking forward to your pictures!

Back
Top Bottom