Ducklings squeaking like crazy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by albinosilver, May 10, 2019.

1. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Yes..That they do grow out of but not the bossiness..:frow

2. albinosilver

albinosilver Songster

May 17, 2018
    Thanks, I’ll definitely try the mirror. Ducks technically aren’t allowed in the town I live in and I have 2 close neighbours so I’m trying to be discreet. I’m on the very outskirts of town so I doubt they care but wouldn’t want to start with more than 2 ducks. I was hoping for at least 1 drake for the quietness and I just wanted to keep them as pets but just my luck they are both girls.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Hard to keep those girls quiet, I just had to go check on mine my Buffs was carrying on something fierce. Thankfully we don't have close neighbors but it can get pretty rowdy here at times. I hope the mirror helps.

house.of.ducks, Jpat and albinosilver like this.
  4. albinosilver

albinosilver Songster

May 17, 2018
    @Miss Lydia

Will 2 girls be happy on their own or will they need a drake?

Miss Lydia likes this.
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

They don't need a drake at all. They I am sure have formed a close bond to each other and of course you.

6. albinosilver

albinosilver Songster

May 17, 2018
    They have the entire yard to themselves today but they’ll always stop what they’re doing to come stand beside me.

Do you think they see me as a friend/sibling or do they see me as their mom or something?

Attached Files:

7. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Holy smokes...Ducks are loud and depends on the time someone spoils them. They cry and Quack for what they imprinted too till they mature. Then they Quack for other things they think they want...;)
    That's Ducks...:frow

house.of.ducks likes this.
  8. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Chirping

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I had this happen to me in the begining too, and it stopped. It was like so sad hearing them when I would leave for the day/night...like i could hear it almost my whole walk up to the house... however, now that they are about a month or so old, it has stopped I assume they are just in a routine with me now. :)

quackiemama likes this.
  9. house.of.ducks

house.of.ducks Songster

May 4, 2018
    Connecticut
    If you get some more ducks they may begin to become less attached to you. It's also always the more the merrier with ducks, they love being a part of a flock. When I first got ducks they were obsessed with me, but I added a couple less tame ones into the mix and they began to chill out a bit lol, I was actually kind of disappointed, although now I've found if I continue to spent time with them nothing changed that much, they just don't complain as much when I leave.

quackiemama likes this.
  10. house.of.ducks

house.of.ducks Songster

May 4, 2018
    Connecticut
    They are ADORABLE !! :love:love I'm sorry if you've already said, but what breed are they? They look a lot like my Cayuga when she was that age.

Oh and they probably think of you as their mother, but as they age they may begin to think of you as more of a companion/friend/sibling.

quackiemama likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: