Ducklings suddenly dying

That's a good suggestion.

@CrazyDuckLady86 whereabouts are you located?

@casportpony has a list of labs, I think.
What is necropsy? I've never heard of it... @WVduckchick I never thought of that. I'll definitely check the date on the bag. I was on the 3rd or 4th bag of pellets with the newest batch. It never even crossed my mind the food might have been bad!

What is necropsy? I've never heard of it... @WVduckchick I never thought of that. I'll definitely check the date on the bag. I was on the 3rd or 4th bag of pellets with the newest batch. It never even crossed my mind the food might have been bad!

Necropsy is like an autopsy for humans, but done on a bird. They cut the bird open and look at all the insides to try to determine cause of death.
*Most states require that the bird be cold, but not frozen.

I have the name of a local vet who does a lot with birds. They aren't open today so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Its all so weird. I'm really hoping I can keep my last two alive. One seems to be doing really well. The other appears to have a nasty case of bumblefoot on top of everything else. I'm going to ask the vet about him whenever I get ahold of them. I'm trying my hardest but these dang ducks are giving me a run for my money!

PS I know I've said it once but I'm going to say it again....I really appreciate all of your help! You guys are the best! :)

Back
Top Bottom