Ducklings with big "Guts"

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
I got 4 ducklings yesterday.All Anconas.Very layed back most of the time.

We had a Khaki hen who was being chased and raped and had begun staying in the woods,and not returning back home till the next morning.

We put her in the "Grow" out pen with 4 ducklings.Thinking it should all be okay.

The ducklings are attacking her.Making it VERY obvious ahe was not accepted.She doesnt fight them,but they fought are runner duck and are jumbo pekin drake.Of course they lost but had the guts to do it.

Anything i could do to stop this bad behaviour?

Introductions must be slow. Set them up so that there is some temporary fence between them, so they can see each other, and talk, but not touch. Food and water on both sides of the divider.

When they seem calm together, let them be face to face but be ready at a moment's notice to separate again and try later.

I think I will just keep them in the grow out pen,so all the others can get to know em(They do not attack our pekins anymore,quick tol earn their bigger then them.)Doyou think the reason the ducks are going easy on them becuase they know their just youngsters?

couldn't just let her sit out three,she looks so tiny,and has the smallest little quack.

My 2 month old ducklings do the same thing, they try to chase off other ducks and small birds. They are like a mean girl gang. Billy, who's about a month older and lost all her siblings is hanging out with one year old Lilian.

Usually things will settle down rather quickly. As long as no one is getting hurt they will be fine.
They probably are more scared of her than she is of them.
Could try the look but no touch for a few days?
I would not worry.

Back
Top Bottom