Ducklings

chickiebean85

Songster
6 Years
Dec 22, 2015
Maine
My ducklings will be 3 weeks Sunday and one is quacking the other has not yet but is a bit smaller they were hatched the same day. But the black one has a full on quack almost like a honk and the gray is whistley. The lady I bought them from said the father was blue swedish and the mother was a mix of khaki campbell and white campbell but the black one looks like a black swedish. Also I heard with the blue swedish that the males head will be darker than the rest of his body. The duckling is darkening not sure if it's just the head.

Attachments

• 20170601_155510-1.jpg
    20170601_155510-1.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 37
Yeah it does sound that way they will be 4 wks this Sunday and one has quacked the other whistles. I always thought the males were bigger but she is a bit bigger than him. Plus I have two Pekin drakes already that turned 5 years this past May so the female is a bit out numbered. Thinking of ordering two more sexed from a hatchery to make sure they are female lol. I got these two as mates for my males because every spring they attack each other and put bruises all over my legs because of mating season. I have hens and a rooster and I was like this is not fair for them to be around all these females but not the right kind, lol. Thanks for the input everybody and if anybody is looking to part with any female ducks in Maine let me know

Back
Top Bottom