Ducklings!!!

The Ducklings are a week old! They seem like they grew a ton yesterday! And i only have to wait today and tomorrow for my other 2 to arrive!
20230322_083004.jpg
20230322_082616.jpg
20230322_082341.jpg
20230322_082335.jpg
20230322_082042.jpg
20230322_082045.jpg

I have one question, they let me handle them all the time and have slowly been letting me put food in my hand and feed them. But if i take one out and not the other they litteraly scream. Is it normal? Or is it because she is lonely?

I have one question, they let me handle them all the time and have slowly been letting me put food in my hand and feed them. But if i take one out and not the other they litteraly scream. Is it normal? Or is it because she is lonely?
Being picked up and handled is very unsettling for a prey animal. Perfectly normal for them to be uncomfortable with it at first, especially if they're separated from the others.

Normal, they are flock critters and don't like being taken away from thir flock mates.

Savour these precious moments when they're small. They do grow very quickly and soon you'll have ducks instead of ducklings and you'll wonder 'where the heck did those come from!'

They are bonded to each other and it's like an obsession they can't be without their flock mate that makes them feel secure. When i had my ducklings inside I took both out at the same time unless it was just for a quick snuggle. They would do everything together while on the floor. We would sit with them and they would explore us along with everything else around them ❤️

Being picked up and handled is very unsettling for a prey animal. Perfectly normal for them to be uncomfortable with it at first, especially if they're separated from the others.
Ok, thanks the one that doesnt get picked up screams the one that gets picked up just lays in my hand

Normal, they are flock critters and don't like being taken away from thir flock mates.

Savour these precious moments when they're small. They do grow very quickly and soon you'll have ducks instead of ducklings and you'll wonder 'where the heck did those come from!'
Thanks! I know, they are already growing, and seem to have doubled in size!

Back
Top Bottom