Ducklings

Quackers08

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Cornwall, England
I'm contemplating getting like a heat thing for ducklings to go under like they would be going under the actual duck, does anybody have any ideas which one would be best to get? Thanks!

Oh, I think you mean something warm, like momma duck body temperature, that ducklings could snuggle under.

Hmmm, I don't know of anything like that. I am so overprotective, I would make sure there was no way for anyone to suffocate, because a duck mom would be responsive to little ones, but a heat thing like you describe would not be sensitive to them like a live duck.

Cool idea, actually, except (I feel) for that possible risk.

Just make sure they cannot get stuck. Ducklings can get themselves into the most ridiculous, and life-threatening situations in the blink of an eye. So if you plan to sleep . . . . .

yeah thats what i looked at and i think i'll get the one that can be raired and is just for over head. I think my duck is sitting now (hope so)
wee.gif
so may have some babies in a month

hope she does. my nan hatched chicks yesterday and she had a few problems with some of them so had to have them inside which was why i thought i migfht need one just in case

Hello! I am having the exact same thought as you! If my duck successfully hatches out her own ducklings i would expect the mother to keep them warm? Like in the wild. It would definitely be better seeing i don't have to buy a heat lamp! :D

Back
Top Bottom