Ducklyne

Yes there are 120 holes together on each side.
I’ll have to redrill since it’s covered with paint.
I’ll upload pics as soon as it’s ready.I want it to be the best cutest home for my future ducklings,should I add anymore decor?
You need more than just holes drilled - cut some vents out at the top and cover with hardware cloth. Looks like you could do it at the top sides. Ventilation is at the top because heat rises. This is a bit scary if you are only using drilled holes for ventilation.
Is this just a brooder or is it the duck coop? If it is the coop, what will you be doing with them during the day?

You need more than just holes drilled - cut some vents out at the top and cover with hardware cloth. Looks like you could do it at the top sides. Ventilation is at the top because heat rises. This is a bit scary if you are only using drilled holes for ventilation.
Is this just a brooder or is it the duck coop? If it is the coop, what will you be doing with them during the day?
I have just done painting the brooder or coop.it’s pretty small and similar.I’ll drill more holes on top don’t worry.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/do-i-have-enough-ventilation.837309/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/
3c503822ecf2c8d643455b3217ae2afc.jpg

Read through the links above and then here is a sample of real ventilation.

Last edited:
:goodpost:can't overemphasize the importance of ventilation.
Aspergillus is a real threat to poultry when there isn't enough ventilation because of the ammonia in their urine. There has to be ventilation up around the top to let out excess moisture and some type of window covered in hardware cloth so they can have fresh air. It's even important in winter. Just make sure it isn't where the wind would not be blowing right on them. South windows are good for winter. Good ventilation and no wind or moisture rarely come that way.

Last edited:
Thank u so much.Yes I’ll make a run for them as soon as they get old.But it won’t be necessary in my opinion since the tabbys have been caught in our garden.I’ll let them roam free but i am thinking of creating them a medium sized pond so that they can swim at their will.

Back
Top Bottom