Ducklyne

He is just being an ornery drake happens to them when they become sexually mature. Keep them in their pen so he doesn't have the chance to bite anyone and hopefully he isn't injured too badly. Let us know what the vet says.
Yesterday in the morning,I went to to check whether is leg got ok and I saw that he was moving quite OK.Though slightly limping but running around normally so I decided to not take him.I’m giving him and Olivia niacin now anyway.
P.s Al keeps biting Olivia on on her back and pulls on her feather until she manages to escape,is there a reason for this or are they simply playing?

He is full of hormones. Have you seen them mating? What your seeing is mating ritual stuff. That's good your giving them niacin it is very good for their legs. Glad to hear Al is walking better today.

I couldn’t believe that Olivia did this up under the Mango tree until I saw it in a box infront of my own eyes,🥲
DD03FC67-A1CE-4499-9968-31EBD0FDA339.jpeg

Poor Al’s been having walking problems recently,it certainly wasn’t any nutrition problem so my uncle who breeds pigeons thought he was probably overweight or something as his legs did not indicate broken bones.He mostly lay in the corner of the duck pen for around two days before I realized he was not OK.So my uncle told his ‘pigeon workers’ to insert a tablet and some kind of syrup into his mouth.He showed no improvement the day before yesterday but he was able to walk and eat yesterday after a little more medicine.Thankfully I just found out it’s nothing fatal and Al will be ok soon.I’ll update later,please keep him in your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom