Ducks Abandoned in pond!

karenmragan

Songster
Jul 12, 2019
Grand Junction, CO
7F2C2111-BA53-482C-BDFC-4E3ADDBC2341.jpeg
On my morning walk, something told me to walk the other way and go around the big lake today. Lo and behold I see these three clearly domestic ducks that somebody must’ve abandoned. They look to be a light buff hen and two blue runner drakes. I went back to my house, got some dog food and came back and fed them.
I really want to save these guys, but don’t know how to go about catching them. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• 7592B9F5-32A6-4799-AA9D-9A02A868A47A.jpeg
    7592B9F5-32A6-4799-AA9D-9A02A868A47A.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 5
Try to earn their trust with food first.

If you have something like a dog playpen or kennel, throw some food in it and try to corral them in there once they go for the food.
It'll help if you have multiple people there to keep them from escaping. Might want to get some nets just in case.

It'll be easiest if you can get them all at once, that way the others won't get scared and not trust you anymore.

If you have something like a dog playpen or kennel, throw some food in it and try to corral them in there once they go for the food.
It'll help if you have multiple people there to keep them from escaping. Might want to get some nets just in case.

It'll be easiest if you can get them all at once, that way the others won't get scared and not trust you anymore.
Just like how I rescued 3 down at our mountain river. I used a dog X pen opened towards the river placed feed starting at the opening Took about a week to get the food all the way to the back aways from the opening but once they walked into and started eating I closed up that opened end stepped over the top of the pen and picked each one up put them onto dog crates and brought them home. Having help would be a good idea.

Please keep us updated.

Ok thank you!

Back
Top Bottom