Ducks about to hatch

I had one I had to help hatch and I thought for sure it wouldn't make it. But she's doing great 5-6 weeks later and is gigantic. I am thinking she was from my huge pekin lady and may have just been too big to hatch herself. She's as big or bigger now than my cayuga and magpie ducklings that were 1-2 weeks older than her. I really wasn't sure if she'd make it at first and just had to sit the egg down once I got her an air hole and walk away and hope for the best. Even then it took forever.

That's good to know, thanks! I broke a hole big enough for him to bust out when he's ready so I'll leave him now and hope he makes it. Membrane still see through and gooey looking so that's good.

I wonder if anyone can help - one duck has come out at last but its belly is very large, skin coloured and lumpy. It doesn't look normal at all. It still has a bit of yolk to absorb but it's belly doesn't look well at all. The duckling is very still and not fidgeting.

I wonder if anyone can help - one duck has come out at last but its belly is very large, skin coloured and lumpy. It doesn't look normal at all. It still has a bit of yolk to absorb but it's belly doesn't look well at all. The duckling is very still and not fidgeting.
If it still has yolk to absorb the belly will be large and pinkish looking
This is normal
This will go down
Place baby inside a small cup or bowl I wrap mine in dry paper towel not touching the yolk area but to stop direct blowing of heat so it doesn’t dry out. Once absorbed baby will need to rest and will take longer then one that had no help to recover
Can you take a picture of the belly

Hi everyone! I was on here a year ago, and everyone was super helpful. I bought some supermarket duck eggs, got one to hatching but sadly he died after externally pipping as a blood vessel bled out.

This year we're at it again, and from 2 boxes of eggs from Morrisons, we now have 7 eggs pipped and ready to hatch! It's so exciting and they're SO noisy :)

We have the brooder set up, in a plastic sand pit/paddling pool. I've just put the feed together, which is unmedicated chicken and waterfowl starter crumb with some brewer's yeast and some mixed grit. The grit looks rather large, will they be ok? And do you wet this or leave it dry for freshly hatched duckies?

Anything else I need? I've set up the brooder after watching and reading lots online and on here, and we have water in a non-tip bowl on a tray and unmedicated straw for bedding. Heat lamps, of course. Anything else I need?

Thanks!
are they clarence court duck eggs??

That's awesome! So do you think they're Aylesbury or Pekin? I can't decide what they look like. I even emailed the company and got no help!
I actually think they're a mix of the two! I did some hunting online and someone said they're an aylesbury mix, which seems right but wouldn't make sense for mass egg production... So I did more digging and found out that aylesburys are quite commonly mixed with pekins to increase egg production!

Based on what I've heard and how they look, I decided that's a close enough guess-
Here are some photos of my girlies! Also if you want you can check out the clarence court Facebook page, you might be able to find some images of their ducks! They have some from a couple years back!
So Dougie is the one with the V at the top of her bill, she is 4 days older than her sister Sprightly who has a U shape! (hopefully that makes sense) They're extremely friendly girls, just a couple hours ago Dougie was having a sleep on my lap! The pink bill colour has become more orange, more so for Dougie, Spry's is still pretty pink !

Attachments

• IMG-20220424-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20220424-WA0006.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20220424-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20220424-WA0011.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20220227-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20220227-WA0015.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20220211-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20220211-WA0005.jpeg