Ducks are good at hiding symptoms..

I’m beginning to feel somethig close to her vent it’s white-ish , but her vent is swelling.
She’s trying to peck at her vent
But I’m not still sure it’s the egg! It might be just swelled vent.. is inside of the vent normally white??
I just gave her 1CC of calcium and will give her meloxican in half an hour
Fingers crossed it’s the egg and she’ll pass it with no problem 🤞🏻
I turned out the light, due to the humidifier the room is so hot which I think it’s good for her

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to take a picture of her vent but whenever I go close to her she becomes too stressed and start panting so I thought maybe I should leave her on her own to be comfortable.
I just checked on her, she’s still drinking, eating and walking normally. She seems so unbothered and that makes me more concerned, if the egg is close to the vent shouldn’t she have some kinds of contractions?

The fact that she is walking is good and eating and drinking are a plus too. Walking will help get those muscles moving she wouldn’t get in water today an swim? Don’t force her if it stress her out.
I put her in the pool twice and massaged her abdomen but she didn’t swim. She got out as soon as she got the chance..
Cookie is sleeping next to her, she’s so chatty and loves food I guess the reason daisy moves from time to time to have water or food is cookie’s encouragement

That’s good sis encouraging ! I think you need to relax some now and see what tomorrow brings. The fact she’s moving around eating drinking an interacting with Cookie makes me feel better. ❤ Hopefully soon that egg will get out of there.
Cookie’s presence is such a blessing 🥰
My body really needs sleep but I’m so worried I don’t think I can sleep tonight (it’s 2AM here)
Please have us in your thoughts and prayers ❤ I need her to get well as soon as possible

Back
Top Bottom