Sorry, this must be devastating.

Check out these diseases and see if any of your symptoms match
https://www.vet.cornell.edu/animal-health-diagnostic-center/programs/duck-research-lab/health-care

Maybe best would be to treat for dehydration with some electrolytes. Any hygiene problems at their places they hang out? Mold or fungus?

Definitely send one in for necropsy.
Thank you. No, no improvement.

Thank you. No, no improvement.
What do you feed them? Vitamin deficiency or anemia can happen to females more so than males. Maybe they need some supplemental food if they are missing something. Maybe they are missing greens and vitamin K, or maybe B vitamins.

My ducks eat a lot of corn and a lot of grass, as well as have access to algae and other plants leaves to eat.

What do you feed them? Vitamin deficiency or anemia can happen to females more so than males. Maybe they need some supplemental food if they are missing something. Maybe they are missing greens and vitamin K, or maybe B vitamins.

My ducks eat a lot of corn and a lot of grass, as well as have access to algae and other plants leaves to eat.
Sunrise Farms Soy-free, Non-GMO layer feed.
Any exact recommendations to supply vitamins?

I did not. I don't have dead ducks to test. when I posted the spread I had already disposed my dead ducks. And I hope I don't have another die.
It might be a good idea to call them and find out what the process is. No surprises that way. Here in California, I refrigerate until I am ready to ship. When ready to box the body up I call the lab and ask them for their fed-x account number.

How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy in California

How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy They need the whole bird, refrigerated, not frozen. If you live in CA, there are four labs that do necropsies on poultry (chickens, turkeys, waterfowl) for $20, limit 2 per submission. They do out of state necropsies, but they but they charge for those. You...

It might be a good idea to call them and find out what the process is. No surprises that way. Here in California, I refrigerate until I am ready to ship. When ready to box the body up I call the lab and ask them for their fed-x account number.

How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy They need the whole bird, refrigerated, not frozen. If you live in CA, there are four labs that do necropsies on poultry (chickens, turkeys, waterfowl) for $20, limit 2 per submission. They do out of state necropsies, but they but they charge for those. You...
Great, thanks.
Let's hope I won't have to do it.

I can't find any actual pictures of the feed online, but is the Sunrise Farms Soy-free, Non-GMO layer feed in whole grain, pellet or crumble form? I also could not find no information on the exact niacin content does it say on the actual bag or did you contact the company to see how much niacin is in there feed? A niacin deficiency alone can cause sudden death in ducks due to their much higher requirements for niacin and many if not most chicken feeds do not even have the bare minimum for ducks.

I can't find any actual pictures of the feed online, but is the Sunrise Farms Soy-free, Non-GMO layer feed in whole grain, pellet or crumble form? I also could not find no information on the exact niacin content does it say on the actual bag or did you contact the company to see how much niacin is in there feed? A niacin deficiency alone can cause sudden death in ducks due to their much higher requirements for niacin.
It's a mash. I've used it for years and it's great!!
Yes, info is on bag. I'll look when it's feeding time about the niacin.

Back
Top Bottom