Ducks - East Indies vs Muscovies

We like everything about the Muscovies, but have found it hard to get over their the caruncles. That said, we really do want a friendly duck with personality and it sounds like scovies are hte only way to go.

Quote:
I would have a duck before I would have a SILKIE only real chickens here. OH yeah and guineas. Did you know at 4 weeks they can fly 25 feet up into a tree and laugh at you because you cant get to them??

Quote:
lol.png
At first I thought they were really weird looking, then I worried that they would get so big and cause vision problems or something..... I bet my kids would get a kick out of making a duck go to sleep
lol.png

Quote:
I would have a duck before I would have a SILKIE only real chickens here. OH yeah and guineas. Did you know at 4 weeks they can fly 25 feet up into a tree and laugh at you because you cant get to them??

gig.gif
They only do that to you - nobody else
gig.gif

I do need guineas - for tick and nasty control..... I bet they would keep the neighbors away as well.

Quote:
My neighbors have never complained, thats the advantage of living next to a cemetary.

SEE what you DID to them!
th.gif

Quote:
My neighbors have never complained, thats the advantage of living next to a cemetary.

SEE what you DID to them!
th.gif

They must not mind too much, they keep moving in and so far none have left.
th.gif

As ducks do have sevearl types. Each breed has a diffrent style. The runners lay the best and do follow instructions to go in at night. Much rather pick up a runner then a scovie here to hold. Funny my runners are the worm hogs not the scovies. Calls are loud as they can get but make up in cute.

Think you need a few of each to decide.

ML

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom