Duck's eyes are irritated! Does anyone know what is going on?

Ecduck9

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2021
Hello everyone! I have a 4 month old pekin whose eyes are pretty irritated. There hasn't been any discharge, no sneezing, no other signs of anything being off. It also seems to come and go? One day he'll be closing that eye a lot and then for another couple of days it doesn't seem to bother him. I was flushing them with saline and then I thought maybe he needed something more so I've been using the Vetericyn plus eye wash and eye gel. The vet in the area that sees ducks can't see him until the first week of September.

I'm not sure what may be going on and I was hoping maybe one of you had a better idea. Is there something else that I should be doing?

Thank you for the help!

Eye 1.jpg Eye 2.jpg
Eye 3.jpg
Eye Medicine.jpg

The Vetericyn products are very good to use in the eyes. Terramycin eye ointment is oxytetracycline, and also available in many feed stores. It can help if there is a bacterial infection or conjunctivitis.

The Vetericyn products are very good to use in the eyes. Terramycin eye ointment is oxytetracycline, and also available in many feed stores. It can help if there is a bacterial infection or conjunctivitis.
Great, thank you! I saw that Tractor Supply carries the Terramycin so I'll check that out! Would you still flush the eyes with the eye wash rinse first, and then put that in?

Back
Top Bottom