1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks from Tractor Supply

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Silverduck, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    What kind of ducks do Tractor Supply sell? Our neighbor gave us 2, they are kind of brownish with yellow spots here and there. They are about 3 or 4 weeks old, I think.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I don't know which kind you have. Now, the Tractor Supply I went to only had Pekins. Someone will know though. [​IMG]

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The only one's We have ever gotten here are mallard and pekin.so I wound up with 19 new mallard's and 6 pekin baaaaaa lol.I have 2 Caygua 2 months old as well and 2 adult mallard drakes that were given to me last fall when We moved back to the farm.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Without seeing them..a bit hard to say what breed for sure..but what you have described could include Mallards or Rouens.

5. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Our TSC only carries Rouens... common at most of the TSC's.

6. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    Thanks for all the replies. I will look them up and see which one they look like.

7. LucyX85

LucyX85 New Egg

Feb 25, 2017
    I just bought some that look exactly like Ancona ducklings. I have checked the hatchery tractor supply uses and do not see that they sell them. I have no idea what they are if thats the case. And i have lots of breeds so i know some. Anyone else get these?

8. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Any pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by