ducks from TSC??? help would be great!!

chickenboy95

Songster
11 Years
Dec 12, 2008
se ohio
does anyone get there ducklings from here.
if you do, do you think that you could post some pics of what some might be.
i got something in the mail saying they get there ducklings on april 8th and i was wondering what they looked like.
i am going the day they get them because i dont want to miss out.

thank you to anyone who helps me!!
big_smile.png

cole.
tongue.png

We got 3 ducklings at TSC last Spring. 2 turned out to be Black Swedish (a pair) and the other was a Mallard.

Mallard (male)
10683_lily_the_mallard.jpg

Black Swedish (female)
10683_male_muscovy_duck.jpg

Black Swedish (male)
10683_muscovy_duck.jpg

10683_pic_23_may_21_2008.jpg

Pics of the Swedish grown up are on my Ducks page. You can tell slight differences on the ducks. The female had light orange patches on her feet and their beaks were different shades. Plus he was a little bigger than she was.

Last edited:
LOL Those are great photos, SunAngel!! They really made me laugh!

Lynn

I got rouens, pekins, and khaki campbells from there on the 18th. This is the first time I have brooded ducks and the grow soooo much faster than chicks. My pekins look like little duckie weight lifters, lol.
I think each TSC will vary on what they have available. Oh, and if you don't see what you want, ask them about ordering it for you. Mine offered to do that.

My TSC is making you buy 6 to avoid "MOMMY A DUCK! I WAAAAANT!" lol. Hopefully it will weed out all the those people.
even though we were planning on only getting 2-4, Im guessing another person with "duck fever" will be there and we can probably split an order with one of them.
I hope they have some swedish at my TSC!
big_smile.png

here in waco, texas they have a sign up minimum they will sell is 6 chicks or ducklings.. I thought it was great ... too many end up at the brazos river in cameron park after easter

I got swedes, Cayuga(?), and a magpie from them yesterday. I did have to buy 6.
Magpie (I have 1 of these)
Magpie.jpg

Cayuga (2)
BlackDuckling1.jpg

Swedish (3)
SilverDuckling1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom