Ducks Has Hole In Foot Webbing

Does it ever end with these birds? Can I have atleast one peaceful, calm, worryfree day with my birds? Apparently not! You would think they were children!!!!:D Now my girl has gone and
IMG_20200807_074948.jpg
IMG_20200807_074948.jpg ripped a whole in her foot. I tried to get some close pics but of course she wasn't having that. Is there anyway I can fix her webbing? She appears to not have a problem with it but I'm concerned she'll get something caught in it and make it much worse. Any suggestions?
Oops I forgot to attach pic.

Hey! I’ve got the same issue one of my fully grown girl ducks has tore a hole in her webbing in her foot! Luckily for us our ducks are all very friendly and love a good cuddle so she was easy to get hold of :)) I read some of the replies and cleared the wound bandaged it up like someone said to and we have separated her from the boys in a separate enclosure with towels down instead of beading so it doesn’t get infected or caugh in anything else. She’s very calm and is happily eating a drinking and sleeping and she doesn’t seem to bothered by the hole in her foot but it’s bleeding through the bandages! Does anyone knows what we can do to stop the bleeding or anything I can use to help her heal? From what I can understand the hole will stay once it has healed but what else can I do to help? Is there anything I should do or know about this?

Hey! I’ve got the same issue one of my fully grown girl ducks has tore a hole in her webbing in her foot! Luckily for us our ducks are all very friendly and love a good cuddle so she was easy to get hold of :)) I read some of the replies and cleared the wound bandaged it up like someone said to and we have separated her from the boys in a separate enclosure with towels down instead of beading so it doesn’t get infected or caugh in anything else. She’s very calm and is happily eating a drinking and sleeping and she doesn’t seem to bothered by the hole in her foot but it’s bleeding through the bandages! Does anyone knows what we can do to stop the bleeding or anything I can use to help her heal? From what I can understand the hole will stay once it has healed but what else can I do to help? Is there anything I should do or know about this?

@Jessnevill , do you have a picture of the foot?

hello! this thread was started in 2017, and while the last response says 2020, they were pretty much on their own. I encourage you to start your own thread so that our great experts can help you out! Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom