Ducks just delivered. Help!

mfoth54

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2020
Hello, I just got some ducks. I ordered 3, one male Pekin, one female buff, one female, blue Swedish. I ended up getting 4. None of the ducks where banded like they were supposed to be. How can i tell which one is male? I looked at their website and it says they add extra MALE ducks for warmth so I’m certain there are 2 males but how do I tell which ones? I know the blue Swedish is female. I’m pretty sure I know which one is the pekin (because it has orange feet) but I think the extra one is a buff. How can I sex the two buffs? I tried to vent-sex them but it’s harder than it looks lol.

Don't try to vent sex unless you have been trained, you can hurt the duckling. You just need to be patient and you can voice sex usually by six weeks. It doesn't matter until about four months when they get sexually active, then you will have to do something, but just enjoy them for now.

Don't try to vent sex unless you have been trained, you can hurt the duckling. You just need to be patient and you can voice sex usually by six weeks. It doesn't matter until about four months when they get sexually active, then you will have to do something, but just enjoy them for now.
Okay thank you!

Back
Top Bottom