1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ducks laying

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hatchcrazzzy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    my ducks are about laying age .do i build them nest boxes or will they just lay in thier house.they free range about half an acre?they a rouen ducks.

2. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    mine have a dog house thats where they like to go in to lay eggs ..... its got straw in it ..

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Mine will lay either in a nesting box or in a dog kennel...sometimes they lay in the yard...wherever they feel comfy that day [​IMG] I get a feeling that its more of a convienience issue for *me* when it comes to the ducks [​IMG]
    If you start to hatch some, let me know. I am interested in adding to my Rouen flock this spring.
    Kristi

4. TransplantedTexan

TransplantedTexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Bear Creek, Wi
    At what age do ducks normally start laying?
    My buddy has one that has not layed and he is wondering why. It's several months old, not exactly sure how many months though.

5. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    mine did at .late 6 months .. they was all most 7 months ..

6. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine laid in their coop, but that's because they're locked up in it every night.

Ducks regularly lay early in the morning, so if you don't let them out too early, they will have to lay in the coop. Otherwise your guess is as good as mine!

Sandra

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by