Duck's leg wobbling

So I haven't noticed any change in Winona, but I did see my other ducks' legs doing the same thing, especially when they were excited. Are we sure the slight leg twitching isn't normal? She's been on the B complex for 3 weeks.
Could be although I have never seen it with my Muscovy but if she is fine in every other way maybe it is a normal thing for yours. Are they all from the same hatch? If your thinking of stopping the b complex I would keep using the Nutritional yeast daily unless your feed has niacin in it at the level they would need. Most of my flock are adults but 6 who are 4 months and 2 months but they all get NY daily in their feed. Of course always up to you.
If you do take her off the Liquid B keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't start getting worse.

Could be although I have never seen it with my Muscovy but if she is fine in every other way maybe it is a normal thing for yours. Are they all from the same hatch? If your thinking of stopping the b complex I would keep using the Nutritional yeast daily unless your feed has niacin in it at the level they would need. Most of my flock are adults but 6 who are 4 months and 2 months but they all get NY daily in their feed. Of course always up to you.
If you do take her off the Liquid B keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't start getting worse.
Sorry, I missed your response somehow! As far as I know they are all from the same hatch. I did decide to stop the B complex. It's getting very cold and I just didn't want to keep taking them out of the coop every night. I have not given them nutritional yeast since I changed their food to Kalmbach, and now that it's cold they are eating a lot more of it. I will watch for any changes. Thank you!

I see there is niacin in it but they don't say how much. Ducklings need about 10mg daily. I would add Nutritional yeast to their feed. Even as adults many of us still give Nutritional yeast mixed into feed it's just so good for them.

I see there is niacin in it but they don't say how much. Ducklings need about 10mg daily. I would add Nutritional yeast to their feed. Even as adults many of us still give Nutritional yeast mixed into feed it's just so good for them.
It says how much niacin on the back of the bag. It has 45mg per lb.

Back
Top Bottom