Ducks losing its baby fuzz!

EmilyMary143

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
I have four ducks that are about two or so weeks. I woke one morning and seen one of the ducks have less fur on his neck. Two days later it seems to getting worse and for the rest of my ducks. This is my first time and they are Rouen Ducks. I'm a little nervous. Please help

I agree, those are definitely not Rouens. ;) But yes, sounds like it's just their new feathers coming in, so no worries!

Also, I think you need a bigger brooder. Ducks grow really fast and need brooder upgrades often so they have enough space to move around and get away from wet shavings that are, unavoidably, near their water. Is it possible for you to move them into something bigger?

I absolutely agree with that. I first seen them and believe that they are Pekin ducks. The guy we bought them from swears diffrent. Thanks you I was worried it was worse. And yes we are moving them to a bigger area today thank you so much.

I absolutely agree with that. I first seen them and believe that they are Pekin ducks. The guy we bought them from swears diffrent. Thanks you I was worried it was worse. And yes we are moving them to a bigger area today thank you so much.

Good to hear! Enjoy your little cuties! :)

What should I do with my ducklings if I'm going on vacation for 2 months? They're about 3 weeks old and I don't have anyone to look after them while I'm gone.

What should I do with my ducklings if I'm going on vacation for 2 months? They're about 3 weeks old and I don't have anyone to look after them while I'm gone.
Welcome to BYC!
Two months is a long time, you'll need a pet sitter or a friend to watch them.
How many ducklings are there?
You might consider just selling them and getting more when you come back. If you go on vacation much ducks might not be a good fit for you.
I'd also recommend starting a new thread since this one is old.

Please try and find them a safe home and not go dump them off somewhere.
Where are you located we have a state forum and you could even ask if anyone would be willing to duck sit for you or just add them to their flock.
How many ducklings?
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom