Ducks Names/Pictures/Breeds...Please Share!

MommaK6

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
What did you name your ducks? Share a picture, what kind they are, their names and what you love about owning ducks!!

Ready and....GO!

All my ducks are Pekins.
names, gender and age in the picture.

Lola (male) 8 months
Joe (male) 8 months
Helen (female) 5 months
Alex (female) 4 weeks
Faye (female) 4 weeks
Lowell (male) 4 weeks

All except Lola were named after characters from the early '90s TV show "Wings".

As of right now, I have one Cayuga named Annaliese. All the other ducks are named Duck, and all the Drakes are named Jake. Makes life simpler for me
tongue.png

I have Po my Pekin - she is 6 weeks old
Chip and Jet are my daughter's 5 weeks old Mallards
Donald, Zues, Posiedon, Athena, and Aries are the 3 week old Mallards

I originally got my chicks in Feb, but after one trip the TSC I picked up a pair of Pekins. One sadly died but I still have Po. We just love these ducks even DH got addicted and thats how we ended up with the 5 babies. Po is the guard duck lol, she warns everyone even the chickens when there is anything amiss. Jet and Chip are like mothers to the 5 babies, they babies follow them everywhere.

Harley and Daisy, my Harlequin and Buff.

Dookie, my Pekin. Who is growing at a rate I can actually see every morning.
ep.gif
Anyone have a guess at how old she is? I think 2 or 2.5 weeks....

Dear lord! 2 weeks old???? Are you spiking her water with Miracle Grow??
Harley and Daisy, my Harlequin and Buff.

Dookie, my Pekin. Who is growing at a rate I can actually see every morning.
ep.gif
Anyone have a guess at how old she is? I think 2 or 2.5 weeks....

Nicolette and Eva: Rouen females about 4? weeks in this picture. They have most of their feathers now.

Ping and Ling: Fawn and White Indian Runners, about 4 weeks in this picture. They are getting their fawn feathers in now.

Lizzie: Khaki Campbell female, about 4 weeks in this picture. She has a lot more of her feathers now and is going to be a beautiful duck. I had another Khaki named Jane but she was beating everyone up so she went to another home.

This picture was taken yesterday. They are all approximately 2 weeks old.
Ming and Ting: Blue Indian Runners
Charlotte: Khaki Campbell
Marina and Greta: Embden goslings

I thought that the ducklings were the cutest thing ever until we got these goslings. We have been handling them a lot so they will be friendlier as adults. If I had a bigger property I would definitely get some more.

The older ducklings are all around 6 weeks now, I just haven't gotten more pictures. The weather hasn't been great lately, in fact they went for a swim in a pool in my kitchen yesterday.
lol.png

Last edited:
Well, here is Lucky the Duck. My students (K-2nd) named him that because:
#1-only sticking 1 duck egg into an incubator full of chicken eggs was a low probability of hatching
#2- it pipped for 3 days before this mama duck got nervous and helped preform a c-section (peel, spritz, peel, spritz, for HOURS!),
#3- it had a splay right leg, which is now wonderfully splinted with a Strawberry Shortcake Bandaid (thank you BYC forum!), and
#4- his eye and nostril were weeping, leading me to believe he was a gonner...again thank you BYC for advice!

I am guessing he/she is a Blue Swedish Duck.....totally a guess!

Lucky almost 1 day old. Ugly left eye on Monday- 2 days old

Lucky out for a stroll at 3 days. I took Lucky to the vet to show off his healed eye (due to head dunking) and his (her) sweet hobble!

Recently 3 very unusual ducks appeared in my back yard, they are absolutely beautiful and I have no idea what breed/species they are. Looking for someone that might know something about them.
Their breast, back, neck and head are a cinnamon color. Their face, front and side neck are tan and as smooth as skin. The wings are white underneth and on the outside they have a white stripe followed by a dark blue ( almost black ) patch that I am not sure if it is part of the wing or the belly, They also have a very vibrant orange beak.Would love to see if anyone can identify them or give me any information they may have on this most beautiful bird.

Back
Top Bottom