ducks on paving slabs?

sand it is then.. yay problem solved! btw before i had them out of the brooder in my living room which has laminate flooring and louis wasnt walking very well and i checked the bottom of his feet, i thought he had bumblefoot i was so scared! i think hes ok now because hes walking around fine in the brooder, it was probably just my laminate floor (donald was walking on it fine though), anyway ive decided that if my ducks ever get bumblefoot (touch wood) that i would treat it myself because i cannot afford the vets fees, i have pet insurance for my dog which saves me a fortune, but i cant get pet insurance for my ducks so i would treat it myself, after ive researched it well of course... do any of you guys treat bumblefoot yourselves? saying that im 99% sure that they will never get it
fl.gif

Quote:

so what am i supposed to do then genius?

Not sure where the attitude is coming from, but I'll just assume that you interpreted my semi-socratic and tongue-in-cheek style of explanation to be abrasive. I assure you that I'm not trying to be insulting - when I'm verbally chastising someone, it will be obvious by my inclusion of derisive epithets not germane to the topic at hand.

I thought I made it perfectly clear what you should do (see bolded sentence above).
hu.gif
Perhaps you did not understand what I meant by "bedding". I'm referring to the material you plan to cover the floor on your run with. Wood shavings are not a good choice in your situation. I have no idea what is available to you which is why I did not give you a list of items. A quick and simple search on these forums yields plenty of options including wood pellets, straw, sand, diatomaceous earth (DE), and Stall Dry (DE mixed with clay).

I'm in same situation, not enough grass area for them, have a gated garden during the day, and will get rubber mats with holes for drainage for their run...tried river rock, git too congested for water to clear poop, tried fake grass it was too long but shorter version could work.

Back
Top Bottom