Ducks or chickens!?

Emmytheduckgirl

Songster
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys! I have 6 ducks that I have raised but now the males are starting to attack the females because 3 of my ducks are male and three are female. I know now that you only are supposed to have one male every four girls so I am going to sell some of my males! Im not excited for some of my males to leave but I know it will help my girls!

Now that Im selling i'm wondering if I should get chickens instead! I still want to keep two of my ducks or even maybe three but should I just get chickens instead of my ducks? Please help me decide!
:hmm

I would prefer chickens any day. But that's just me.
I don't think I can help you any further besides on thing....

Tip: For the healthiest chickens..... If you keep your ducks and decide to also get chickens, make sure to keep them separate. (In two different coops and pens.) Chickens aren't meant to live in such wet conditions that ducks like (and need) - it causes problems with their health.

I would prefer chickens any day. But that's just me.
I don't think I can help you any further besides on thing....

Tip: For the healthiest chickens..... If you keep your ducks and decide to also get chickens, make sure to keep them separate. (In two different coops and pens.) Chickens aren't meant to live in such wet conditions that ducks like (and need) - it causes problems with their health.
Have you ever had ducks? I think ducks are better. Chickens don't have nearly as much personality as ducks do. Ducks are hilarious. I would choose ducks over chickens, but I would choose quail over both.

Have you ever had ducks? I think ducks are better. Chickens don't have nearly as much personality as ducks do. Ducks are hilarious. I would choose ducks over chickens, but I would choose quail over both.

Different people like different animals. I will always stick with chickens. (Although ducks are very cute as babies! :))

Hey guys! I have 6 ducks that I have raised but now the males are starting to attack the females because 3 of my ducks are male and three are female. I know now that you only are supposed to have one male every four girls so I am going to sell some of my males! Im not excited for some of my males to leave but I know it will help my girls!

Now that Im selling i'm wondering if I should get chickens instead! I still want to keep two of my ducks or even maybe three but should I just get chickens instead of my ducks? Please help me decide!
:hmm
You should try some quail, lol. My bobwhites are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom