Ducks or chickens!?

I would choose Ducks over chickens anyday!
here is why:
More summer hardy
Way way more winter hardy
Less of an agressive pecking order! way more fun. More entertaining and active ( anyway indian runner ducks are haha)
Stink way less than chickens.
no roosting needed for night time.
More consistant egg layers, and lay eggs tor many more years than chickens
Far easier to contain! Cant fly over fences. Easy to keep out of the garden boxes

No, you should go with chickens AND ducks! :D Yes, chickens have great personalities if you raise them right. Just like any other animal. My chickens love to be held! (And it depends on the breeds you get.)

Also, different breeds are cold hardy and heat hardy. It depends where you live. Chickens are way less messy than ducks.

I have never kept ducks, so I can't say anything about them I can speak for chickens though. Chickens have great personality, and some do absolutely love to be held. The only thing I will say is that you should do research on the chicken breeds and pick ones that are right for you and your climate. Also, avoid big feed stores like tractor supply, because the chickens you get there will likely die young because of health issues and genetic weaknesses.
I agree with @cluckmecoop7. Since you already have the ducks, keep them and just add some chickens!

Hey guys! I have 6 ducks that I have raised but now the males are starting to attack the females because 3 of my ducks are male and three are female. I know now that you only are supposed to have one male every four girls so I am going to sell some of my males! Im not excited for some of my males to leave but I know it will help my girls!

Now that Im selling i'm wondering if I should get chickens instead! I still want to keep two of my ducks or even maybe three but should I just get chickens instead of my ducks? Please help me decide!
:hmm
ducks are the best in my opinion. if you choose to keep just the 3 girl ducks you could add in some hens!

I would choose Ducks over chickens anyday!
here is why:
More summer hardy
Way way more winter hardy
Less of an agressive pecking order! way more fun. More entertaining and active ( anyway indian runner ducks are haha)
Stink way less than chickens.
no roosting needed for night time.
More consistant egg layers, and lay eggs tor many more years than chickens
Far easier to contain! Cant fly over fences. Easy to keep out of the garden boxes
Uhhh...my ducks fly

Thanks so much guys! You truly have helped me! I have decided to keep some of my ducks! Hopefully someday in the near future I will get a chicken!

Back
Top Bottom