1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ducks pipped wrong end

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by zoerat, Nov 19, 2013.

1. zoerat

zoerat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Shes been that way for probaly 16hrs that I noticed im a bit upset because I got my days mixed up and turned my eh Turner of late 1 duck basically was fully formed but with the turning it didn't make it another has about 5 minutes And she's out yay but the one at the wrong end I can see its little beak tapping at the membrane should I leave it no pips in any other eggs hope I get more then 1

2. zoerat

Apr 19, 2010
    I have chipped away a tiny bit of the shell and it seems to be getting air ok. I will leave it now untill it seems stressed

3. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    I'm not a hatcher. You might want to post in the Emergencies Thread to see if you get more responses.

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    There is a Thread Formerly Known as Hatch Day is Today, and a sticky about hatching waterfowl. Those might help. I am not a hatcher, either.

5. zoerat

Apr 19, 2010
    just to let you all know this wee darling made it I had to help but shes a wee gem a bit slower then the other 3 but catching up fast
    [​IMG]

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by