Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Geese

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Ok now it’s time to decide! Ducks or Geese? Ducks and Geese are both interesting birds. But which is better? I vote ducks 100% some people will say otherwise. I going to call some duck and geese people!
Geese: @GeeseMama
Duck: @Duck Mom2020
I don’t know a lot of Geese ppl so I kept it fair. People in the comments invite those geese and duck people to win over the sides!

I think there are benefits to each. I also feel it depends largely on the breed. I love Ancona Ducks. They have such a sweet disposition and are not near as hard on eachother in breeding season. Duck eggs are just as good for eating as chicken eggs. Geese eggs are great for baking. In my experience, Ducks are definitely more prolific breeders. On the other hand, I feel Geese are more personable/have more of a personality than ducks do. My ducks and geese definitely like to follow me around and hang out but when my geese want affection they tend to be very snuggly and insistent. I feel like ducks make more of a mess. I feel like geese can definitely be more onery and grumpy requiring more attention. My geese help to weed my garden. The ducks muddle everything up. My geese are part of our alert system and they are definitely protective of their property. The ducks help to alert too but will run the other way when anything strange comes around (except for the male Muscovy, Boris, he's brutal:lol:) I literally just watched my female African Goose, Gemma, chase a delivery guy back to his truck the other day, head down running full speed like a pinching missile. This is hilarious because she is so so gentle with everyone in the family, even the dogs. She's definitely in charge though. I do not think there is a correct answer here. I really do not. I think you get what you put in to them. I think it depends upon how much time is spent, how good their husbandry is, and what kind of connection you have, and what you are purchasing them for in the first place. I no longer breed Ancona Ducks (thanks to a careless neighbor and his constantly running loose dog that wiped out 3/4 or my ducks and almost all nests last year). I do take in special needs ducks however and they definitely steal your heart. In general though I have the closest connection with my geese. I personally prefer them over ducks but I wouldn't give up my special needs duckies for anything. And after all that blabbing I haven't helped at all LOL :idunno

Back
Top Bottom