Ducks

dirtyharry

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Hi. First time posting, but I have to ask. Anyone know of a good way to kill maggots? I'm thinking that it was my dogs got 3 of my ducks didn't kill them, but they got cuts on them. It happen yesterday and me and my wife spend bout 3 1/2 4 hrs cleaning them out but not sure if we out all the maggots. Any advice is greatly appreciated

My wife and I went to go check on our duck "that was the worst one with the maggots" this morning and she had a lot more on her. Anyone know what we can do to help get rid of them

Hello! Since your ducks are hurt I'd recommend completely bathing them and washing out any maggots or larvae, disinfecting their wounds with something like blue kote (you can get it at any farm store), and covering any big wounds as necessary. Next step is to clean their house before letting them back in. Remove bedding, scrub any mess from the floor and walls, and disinfect the inside to ward off any flies that might be attracted to smells. Clean their dishes (food and water) and their pools. Get fresh, clean bedding, make sure it isn't damp inside, and keep an eye on them.

Make sure those wounds aren't infected, since infection can attract the flies who lay the larvae which hatches into maggots.

Thank you arrowti. As soon as I get home that's what I'll be doin. I appreciate the info

Back
Top Bottom