Ducktopia Filter System!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oddyse, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Hey guys, just thought I would treat you to some pictures of the new DUCKTOPIA pond filter system!!!! Pictures are just downloading! [​IMG]

2. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    What filter system? Cleverly disguised with some well placed stones! THATS ART!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A COMPLICATED SYSTEM OF PIPE WORK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Very cool!!! But you toally stole my name!!! My new duck/coop/run (thingy [​IMG] ) is gonna be called ducktopia!!! JK, well actually no I am really calling it that.

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Very nice! Did you make that filter your self? And what type of pump are tou using? My filter is store bought and small and doesnt do its job and the pump i have been using just died so my pond is getting pretty nasty.

5. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    DUCKGIRL89, I was going to call it DUCKTANIMO BAY but I didnt think it had the same ring to it! [​IMG] And featherfinder, yeah I made it all myself, the water is pumped into the botoom of the water butt and fill up through a layer of eco ball (for bacterial filtering) and a layer of green scouring pads (for filtering out the grit) then when the water fills op the water butt its drains back into the pond, and this cycle continues everytime the pump is switched on. I use a dirty water pump, which I just attach to the pipe when I want it to run. [​IMG]

6. featherfinder

Sounds good. Mind if i steal your idea and try to copy it for my ducks? [​IMG] Where did you get the green bin you made your filter out of?

7. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Certainly, of course I dont mind, il even talk you through how to make it if you want. [​IMG] Well im in England so im not sure where you will get one from, but its called a water butt here. Most garden centres will do one. The size of the water butt and the filter system in place will keep a HUGE duck pond looking good! The best thing is, that you never clean the filter! Where it works on a good bacteria idea , it means the dirtier it gets, the better it works! Its fantastic! If you need any help or want me to draw you up some plans just PM me and il be happy to help. [​IMG]

8. Springthing

Springthing Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    SW Missouri
    Looking good [​IMG]

9. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Featherfinder, I've seen lots of ads in my area for rain barrels and food grade plastic barrel with lids on craigslist.

Looks complicated Oddyse, I don't envy the work you did but it looks great. I love the gravel you picked. It's very pretty.

edited a billion times cuz I couldn't remember how to spell oddyse. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  10. featherfinder

Quote:There is in my area to. starting at $20 all the way up to $150. I will go with the $20 one lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by