Ducktopia Filter System!

Oddyse

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Bristol
Hey guys, just thought I would treat you to some pictures of the new DUCKTOPIA pond filter system!!!! Pictures are just downloading!
big_smile.png

What filter system? Cleverly disguised with some well placed stones! THATS ART!

FILE0143.jpg

FILE0145.jpg

FILE0146.jpg

FILE0147.jpg

A COMPLICATED SYSTEM OF PIPE WORK

FILE0150.jpg

FILE0151.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Very cool!!! But you toally stole my name!!! My new duck/coop/run (thingy
gig.gif
) is gonna be called ducktopia!!! JK, well actually no I am really calling it that.

Very nice! Did you make that filter your self? And what type of pump are tou using? My filter is store bought and small and doesnt do its job and the pump i have been using just died so my pond is getting pretty nasty.

DUCKGIRL89, I was going to call it DUCKTANIMO BAY but I didnt think it had the same ring to it!
big_smile.png
And featherfinder, yeah I made it all myself, the water is pumped into the botoom of the water butt and fill up through a layer of eco ball (for bacterial filtering) and a layer of green scouring pads (for filtering out the grit) then when the water fills op the water butt its drains back into the pond, and this cycle continues everytime the pump is switched on. I use a dirty water pump, which I just attach to the pipe when I want it to run.
big_smile.png

Certainly, of course I dont mind, il even talk you through how to make it if you want.
big_smile.png
Well im in England so im not sure where you will get one from, but its called a water butt here. Most garden centres will do one. The size of the water butt and the filter system in place will keep a HUGE duck pond looking good! The best thing is, that you never clean the filter! Where it works on a good bacteria idea , it means the dirtier it gets, the better it works! Its fantastic! If you need any help or want me to draw you up some plans just PM me and il be happy to help.
big_smile.png

Featherfinder, I've seen lots of ads in my area for rain barrels and food grade plastic barrel with lids on craigslist.

Looks complicated Oddyse, I don't envy the work you did but it looks great. I love the gravel you picked. It's very pretty.

edited a billion times cuz I couldn't remember how to spell oddyse.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom