Ducky DO'S & DON'TS

Pics
DSC00002.JPG
Maybe try a cottage cheese or similar container with a lid and a hole cut out only big enough for them to stick their head in.
DSC00001.JPG
Just using this indoors. Outdoors they can make all the mess they want. They are back inside in a DRY brooder. Not stinky wet..:sick:gig

Alright. First, don't get me wrong. If I had to do it again after what I know now, I would still get my cuttie pie duckies!
With that said..
For anyone who is planning on getting some of these beautiful creatures, take in consideration that indoors & caged, they will be high maintenance.. if you are conscientious about cleanliness from a habit standpoint.
In a small and contained space they can make a mess in the blink of an eye.
I care for a bunch of swine, a baker's dozen of goats, countless mature chickens, chicks in brooders and hand turn dozens of eggs at multi intervals a day... But keeping a clean multi duck brooder is by far the most repetitious viscous cycle in my daily agenda!

Now on a positive note, I recommend everyone to "put the cart in front of the horse" such as I have.
Meaning, you should get you ducks before you are finish your pen/house/habitat. That way you can build your habitat more satisfactory to the sudden crash course factors that you will be faced with.
Housing should be easily accessible by said duck owners for ease of cleaning duties. Surfaces should be installed that are practical for ease of maintaining as well.
I am so glad that I have been taking my time in the construction of our duck habit so I can construct a housing and run that will be more practical and lower maintenance required.
:oldLive and learn. Then build.:woot

Back
Top Bottom