Ducky DO'S & DON'TS

Pics
Alright. First, don't get me wrong. If I had to do it again after what I know now, I would still get my cuttie pie duckies!
With that said..
For anyone who is planning on getting some of these beautiful creatures, take in consideration that indoors & caged, they will be high maintenance.. if you are conscientious about cleanliness from a habit standpoint.
In a small and contained space they can make a mess in the blink of an eye.
I care for a bunch of swine, a baker's dozen of goats, countless mature chickens, chicks in brooders and hand turn dozens of eggs at multi intervals a day... But keeping a clean multi duck brooder is by far the most repetitious viscous cycle in my daily agenda!

Now on a positive note, I recommend everyone to "put the cart in front of the horse" such as I have.
Meaning, you should get you ducks before you are finish your pen/house/habitat. That way you can build your habitat more satisfactory to the sudden crash course factors that you will be faced with.
Housing should be easily accessible by said duck owners for ease of cleaning duties. Surfaces should be installed that are practical for ease of maintaining as well.
I am so glad that I have been taking my time in the construction of our duck habit so I can construct a housing and run that will be more practical and lower maintenance required.
:oldLive and learn. Then build.:woot
Don't say I didn't warn ya. :p Adorable!

I love them, I bet you do too. :love
You don't know how much!:lau Part of me says I should have gotten six to start, and the other part says 12 to start..:plbb.. DH said 3.. lol.. He was right sadly.. 6 in a tub would be a nightmare..
I've reconstructed a lot of what we've done for their future home since I've been 'EDUCATED" by personal experience now. I'm glad I didn't post a bunch of pics of the project because I would be posting it twice. Although I could use the photos as a demonstration of "what not to do". Anyway, I appreciate your replies, input & following my little ducky journal thread.:hugs
Don't say I didn't warn ya. :p Adorable!
quackers.jpg

Warn me? :rolleyes: All the good stuff was music to my ears!
All the bad stuff was bla bla.gif
I already had my mind made up.:gig
Although, I appreciate the fact that you tried to keep me from jumping out of the airplane.
But at least you insisted I wear a parachute!
ducky.gif

Because it has been a beautiful and scenic ride with one heck of a view!

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN WITHOUT DUCKS:
brain.jpg

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN WITH DUCKS:
brain color.jpg

ANY QUESTIONS?

Warn me? :rolleyes: All the good stuff was music to my ears!
All the bad stuff was
I already had my mind made up.:gig
Although, I appreciate the fact that you tried to keep me from jumping out of the airplane.
But at least you insisted I wear a parachute!
ducky-gif.1304876

Because it has been a beautiful and scenic ride with one heck of a view!
You sound juuuust like me. Are they on grass now? Seriously, that was a life saver for my brood of 9 this summer.

Back
Top Bottom