Ducky Water Slide

katharinad

Overrun with chickens
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Southern Oregon Mountains
I've some crazy ducks. Got a large kiddie pool with steps and slide at Walmart. The ducks love it, because it is nice and deep. Diving is one thing they love to do. So now Shadow has gotten a little bit crazy. Shadow climbs up the stair steps to the top of the slide. Stands there, shows off its wings, and then slides down the slide right back into the pool. Shadow has been doing this for 4 day in a row now, and of course I never have a camera ready when that happens. Shadow is the only duck who does this. Has anyone experienced the same? Just curious.
Katharina

gig.gif

perfect!

Thanks for this!
clap.gif

We have got to see pictures of this sliding duckie. That is great! I think my Sasha, Hershey and/or Midas would do something like that.

LOL
gig.gif
I have the same pool and one of my 3 will sleep on the top step but she doesn't slide.. At least not that I know of.. I am curious though how you made it for yours to get in the pool.. It is quite a bit higher than the little one I had and I have improvised temporary steps but really need a better solution..
Hope you get pictures of her sliding soon!

hahahaha that is too funny! I would have never guessed that they would figure that out. Mine have the worst time trying to figure out how to get AROUND a fence when their food is just on the other side. Nothing like watching them run into a fence over and over, making a fuss because *ONE* duck figured out how to get into the run with the food and is happily munching and they can't get to it no matter how much they yell and hit their head against the fence
lau.gif

I hope you get a picture!!

No, but I had a Golden Retriever who loved my daughter's slip and slide. He would drop his ball at the top and slide down after it - over, and over and over.

Back
Top Bottom