Due date Saturday! Candling Wed! Aaagh!

wvcruffler

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Elkins, WV
Howdy all,
I am nervous! This incubation has so much more stability, with 42% humidity and 99.5 deg about 99% of the time with no more than 1/2 degree variation that I have seen. The incubator was spotless when i loaded it and the roller has worked just as before. I put in about 1/2 doz local fresh fertile eggs to act as a control to see how the shipped eggs do in comparison. Honestly I will be pretty upset Wednesday if I candle and there is less than 50% developed. I will post my result then and again on Monday. My current chicks are now nearly a month old and have been moved into the big cage. So far they seem to be doing well.
Well, anyway, good luck all!
Dr.Phil

Several different breeds - an assortment of marans (cuckoo, BC), a few gamefowl, a few heavy breeds (delaware, barred rock crossed), a BLRW egg, a few yokohama, and some blue andulasians. It is a marsh roll-x which holds a pretty huge # of eggs and it about 80% full. The half dozen local eggs are brown "barnyard encounter" eggs from a fine homesteader i know. They were about 24 hour old when I set them. I ran the incubator 72 hours and adjusted temp and humidity just where I wanted it before setting all the eggs. I hope it turn out OK!
Dr.Phil

Back
Top Bottom