Due Process is number 5

Lots of great stuff being said by everyone. The one thing most of us can agree on is the Right to Bear Arms. Despite what you've heard on CNN, the majority of American's support gun rights. They've got their polling, but the statistics of gun sales, amount of people applying for Concealed Carry, and the inability to find ammo contradict the media polls. This brings me to the point that the country does seem to be divided more strongly on other issues than ever before (except during the Civil War). I've noticed it with race, gender, geographic location, rich/poor, etc. When I watch the news it makes me sick how they try to divide us. Divide and conquer! I hadn't watched tv or had internet for years, but when we moved into our new home the teenagers bugged me, so I caved in. After years of no tv, the first time I turned on the news I was traumatized. Since when did news anchors make fun of people or give their opinions? Since when had they swayed elections in favor of one candidate? Since when did every commercial break for CNN show some lady in a bikini bouncing down the beach? Where the hell is Dan Rather? I just sat there in front of my new tv in shock. When you haven't seen something in years you really notice the changes, but if you've gradually been acclimated to it you don't notice -like a frog in a pot of boiling water.

That is not news; it is propaganda. And that is what scares me. There is no pretense of impartiality. When the media is a propaganda organ for a party that wishes to extinguish all dissent, we are in for a tough future. We are told we must obey and believe with absolute faith all that our "better than us" leaders dictate. We must become sheeple. When will we get our little red books?

Back
Top Bottom