Dumb little calf

Haviris2

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Posted a pic of him somewhere else, but this is my jersey's new calf Einstein. He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Worked w/ him yesterday evening, and most of today, he just refused to be guided and wouldn't lower his head far enough to find the teat. But he finally got it (about 34 hours after he was born)!
This is where he thought the milk should come from, and still sucks there even now that he's found the right place,
06-24-112.jpg

This is the moment he found it!
06-24-1110.jpg

Getting a belly full finally,
06-24-1112.jpg

His eyes are so funny colored,
06-24-1135.jpg

06-24-1120.jpg

06-24-1152.jpg

I wish he was a girl so I could keep him.

Last edited:
He is a beauty with those eyes! My two yearling jersey steers were sold for meat today. Loading them onto the trailor was a fiasco. The one sat right on his butt, like a dog, right at the trailor doors and refused to get up. After a lot of pushing and pulling he got into the trailor and laid down flat on his side.
roll.png
I think that's like a peaceful resistance. Neither one of them tried to cow kick or get mean. I have sore muscles in places that I didn't know existed....lol.
Had they been bulls it would have been a whole other story.
hide.gif

He is pretty cute, I sort of wish he wasn't so friendly. Or that he was a she, then he could stay! And I hope the blue eyes stay, I'm guessing they will probably turn brown though, never really had one w/ eyes like this.

Back
Top Bottom