Dumbest thing youve heard someone say about chickens or Farm animals ?

Quote:
oh yeah i have had that happen to me before

i had company one day and we were outside. my bantam flew up to a low limb in a tree (his favorite place to perch) maybe 6 ft. high. the person was like OMG that bird just flew up in that tree!

Quote:
No, rubber chickens, they lay rubber eggs. Want some?
wee.gif

Quote:
No, rubber chickens, they lay rubber eggs. Want some?
wee.gif

She will be teased about that until until the end of time. My husband leaves random eggs in her box just to poke fun.

This'll sound really stupid, but for a while we wern't even sure our Silver Seabright hen was a chicken.
th.gif
(It was our first time getting chicks) For a while we thought she was some sort of weirdo pigeon thing
hmm.png
, she didn't have a comb or wattles yet. I know better now, but I still feel silly.

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't feel silly! Back when we first got chickens, we thought one of the pullets was a rooster! Mr. Cheeseball was our gentlest hen! The Mr. part of her name was quietly dropped.

When I offered my neighbors a dozen freshly layed, brown eggs, they politely declined and informed me that they only ate store bought eggs, because they're pasteurized. I just nodded, said "I totally understand", and went on about my business.
th.gif

I was explaining to my girl friend about how my EE's lay blue green eggs and my RIR hens lay brown eggs, a little genetics lesson. Then she said it..."so what color eggs does the rooster lay". I didnt say a word, it took her a minute and she realized what she said.
old.gif

I once was selling green eggs at the farmers market(from araucanas).A woman asked if the chicken really laid them green I said yes and she was lik OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS then she asked if it was green inside the egg to.......some poeple.

Back
Top Bottom