Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bigmrg74, Jan 27, 2015.

1. 7 Biddies

7 Biddies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    NE GA Mountains
    My Coop

Ahhhhhhhh ... So, *that's* what those misters in the produce department are for ... They' re fertilizing the veggies. Brilliant!

2 people like this.
  2. 7 Biddies

7 Biddies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    NE GA Mountains
    My Coop
    So, Arnold. How's Seabiscuit doing? Is he in training for the big day?

3. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

4. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    That'll be the day when the vegies start laying eggs and hatching out baby vegies. The eggplants are getting close . . .

5. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

males me wonder how people are so stupid....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. Rocky64

Rocky64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Not stupid, but uneducated, and in most cases, VERY uneducated.

7. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    I was in town earlier today at TSC and had just gotten some Cornish babies when a woman came up asking if the employees thought that the chicks would be fine if she got some and put them on her porch overnight until she could buy a light and set up a place for them. I HAD to speak up and tell her that they'd freeze out on the porch. She then emphatically said, "Oh, its heated."

I asked sarcastically, "Heated to 95?" She gave me a look like who in the world would heat their front porch to 95 degrees. That was sort of my point. I told her that chicks could freeze very easily if the room wasn't warm enough. Clearly, she just thought that they looked cute and wanted a few. All I could think of was if she took any home they wouldn't live through the night.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I can't decide if it is the stupidity of the employees, or the gullibleness of the majority of the customers talking to the stupid employees at my local TSC....... But, I refuse to go past the register when I go pick up my feed. The sales associates go get the grain and bring it out to my car. When chick days are over, I will go back to normal shopping......

NorthTexasWink likes this.
  9. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    The employees at mine are usually really good in general. I just wasn't going to take the chance that they'd tell her that she would be fine with putting them on the porch.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Last year we had chicks labled "Green Laced Wyandottes". When the chicks had been there a week, and new chicks were coming in, to make more tubs available, the employees combined the barred rock pullets, straight run cuckoo marans and the austrolorp pullets. Then they put the "barred rock pullets" on the tub...... Because they all looked the same.......

I imagine they also did the same with the Cornish X, leghorns and white rocks, too. I left before my mouth started running.....

NorthTexasWink likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by