Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

So I have a small backyard flock.
The local code enforcement officer rang my bell at 8am. Asked if I had an ostrich or some exotic birds in the back yard... nope. Chickens.
1f644.png

My psycho neighbor had apparently called me in. Maybe the silkie was confused with an ostrich?
She's so... special.

1f602.png
1f602.png
I have special neighbors like that. They thought my black and white Tom cat was a bear cub.

Sounds like you have a trouble maker neighbor.

Should have said it was as a pigmy ostrage!!

When I got chicks for the first time, I had no clue what I was doing. The feed store sold me the brooder, lamp, drinker, feeder, and the chicks.
:lau

Wow. Just wow... The closest thing I have to that issue is my neighbors thinking my bantam is a baby.

LOL OMG!!

Sounds like they just hate chickens and/or outdoor cats.

My mom and I also find it hilarious and think they're either crazy or maybe alcoholics! I mean how do you mix that up unless you're drunk... or unless you hate animals and make something up to try to get you in trouble.

My mom says a lot of people her age/middle age/older are miserable or bored and have nothing to do etc.

Seems this is the case.

Should have said it was as a pigmy ostrage!!

Sounds like you have a trouble maker neighbor.

1f602.png
1f602.png
I have special neighbors like that. They thought my black and white Tom cat was a bear cub.

LOL OMG!!

Sounds like they just hate chickens and/or outdoor cats.

My mom and I also find it hilarious and think they're either crazy or maybe alcoholics! I mean how do you mix that up unless you're drunk... or unless you hate animals and make something up to try to get you in trouble.

My mom says a lot of people her age/middle age/older are miserable or bored and have nothing to do etc.

Seems this is the case.

She is absolutely insane. She is always trying to get me in trouble. She's called me in when another neighbor's dogs barked for a bit too long. Mine were inside.
She kidnapped our cat and held him 2 weeks because she doesn't believe in cats being outdoors. She leaves me notes saying she'll be forced to keep him next time... never mind my kids bawled and mourned him, thinking coyotes got him.
1f595-1f3fb.png

So unbelievably weird. I need her to get a job.

She is absolutely insane. She is always trying to get me in trouble. She's called me in when another neighbor's dogs barked for a bit too long. Mine were inside.
She kidnapped our cat and held him 2 weeks because she doesn't believe in cats being outdoors. She leaves me notes saying she'll be forced to keep him next time... never mind my kids bawled and mourned him, thinking coyotes got him.
1f595-1f3fb.png

Wow she sounds like a terrible person or has no life :/

Not necessarily - if the cat didn't have collar or tags, the neighbors could claim she thought it was a stray.
Not if she leaves notes saying she'll be "forced to keep him next time".

Had to laugh about the "ostrich" and the "bear cub" but actually... it is no laughing matter to live next to such people. I've run into this before, sympathies to those who have to endure such a thing.
hugs.gif

1f595-1f3fb.png

That makes me so mad! :he :mad:

Quote:

You need to have your husband, male relative, male friend, or male cop go over there and threaten her within an inch of her life if she steals your cat again. It doesn't matter WHAT *she believes in*, it's not her cat. It's YOURS and, as such, whether it lives outdoors or in, isn't her call. She's committing cat-napping; her notes are tantamount to ransom notes. "Keep him inside or else"??? As long as the cat isn't violating her rights, she has no place sticking her nose in. You need to scare the beejeezus out of her.

7, Defender of Cats

Not necessarily - if the cat didn't have collar or tags, the neighbors could claim she thought it was a stray.
Not if she leaves notes saying she'll be "forced to keep him next time". Had to laugh about the "ostrich" and the "bear cub" but actually... it is no laughing matter to live next to such people. I've run into this before, sympathies to those who have to endure such a thing. :hugs
That makes me so mad! :he :mad:
You need to have your husband, male relative, male friend, or male cop go over there and threaten her within an inch of her life if she steals your cat again. It doesn't matter WHAT *she believes in*, it's not her cat. It's YOURS and, as such, whether it lives outdoors or in, isn't her call. She's committing cat-napping; her notes are tantamount to ransom notes. "Keep him inside or else"??? As long as the cat isn't violating her rights, she has no place sticking her nose in. You need to scare the beejeezus out of her.
7, Defender of Cats
All excellent points and agreed. Although I'm not sure I'd threaten her that bad but definitely inform the cops, unless it was a while ago. But even so, they should know and could make her stop

Back
Top Bottom